Our marine insurance brokerage services are provided by COSCO SHIPPING (Hong Kong) Insurance Brokers Ltd. in Hong Kong and COSCO Shenzhen Insurance Brokers Limited in Mainland China (collectively named as “COSCO Insurance Brokers”). Established in 1995, COSCO SHIPPING (Hong Kong) Insurance Brokers, a member of the Hong Kong Confederation of Insurance Brokers, received approval by the Insurance Authority to provide insurance intermediary service for general insurance businesses in Hong Kong.
In 2005, COSCO Shenzhen Insurance Brokers Limited (“COSCO SZ Insurance Brokers”) was set up and incorporated in Mainland China. COSCO SZ Insurance Brokers specializes in providing insurance brokerage services for vessels registered in Mainland China as well as to serve mainland China clients. This generates complementary advantages to both Hong Kong and Shenzhen offices by resource sharing and to provide high quality services to our clients.
Ship insurance refers to the insurer of marine insurance for insurance under the liability of the various types of ships covered by ship insurance and its related interests, responsibilities, and insurance liability. The insured person may insure the insurer of the risks that may be encountered in respect of the ship, the goods and other sea objects through the ship insurance broker.
COSCO Insurance Brokers are engaged in the provision of insurance intermediary services for the insured, i.e. ship owners, including designing insurance plans and polices, placing insurance coverage and loss prevention, and providing case settlement, claims, risk assessment and analysis, etc.
To cater for the clients’ needs, we provide more thorough, privileged and diversified products and solutions, including marine insurance and non-marine insurance, groups or individuals, etc.
- Hull & Machinery Insurance
- Disbursements Insurance
- War Risks Insurance
- Kidnap & Ransom Insurance
- Protection & Indemnity Insurance
- Time Charterer’s Liability Insurance
- Property & Liability insurance
- Ship Repairers Liability
- Shipping agents liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Directors and officer
- Credit Insurance
- Group hospital & accident
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee’s compensation
After more then 20-year unremitting efforts, COSCO SHIPPING Insurance Brokers gathers lots of talents and accumulated a wealth of professional knowledge and work experience. With years of credibility and efforts, we have gained our clients’ support and established good relationship with global major insurance companies.
- Our service team includes former ship owners, former ship captains, former average adjusters, former insurer, member of the Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII) and graduates from Maritime University.
- We provide insurance business for more than 550 ships, which may be Hong Kong’s largest ship insurance scale. In view of this huge business, we are able to secure competitive insurance conditions for our clients to global insurers.
- We are the first broker to introduce disbursement insurance into China’s ship insurance market and will continue to keep pace with it in the future.
- We have a good relationship with the Lloyd’s by securing insure war risk of more than 600 ships at Lloyd’s, which can get preferential rates and excellent service
COSCO SHIPPING Insurance Brokers pursues its sincerity, ambitious and innovative spirit. We will improve our service standard to create value for our clients, and maintain our leading position in marine insurance brokerage industry.
Rm 4701, 47/F, COSCO Tower,
183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2809 6680
Fax: (852) 2547 2180
Rm 1901, 19/F., East Tower, Hai An Mansion,
Hai De Third Street, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, PRC
Tel: (86) 755 8329 9385
Fax: (86) 755 8329 9160